What's your game?

Vent about the ref and get involved in sporting banter here.
HomeGuard
Top Dog

What's your game?

Postby HomeGuard » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Do you guys regularly play any sport?

I know Richard kayaks. Anybody else play?

I play badminton a couple of times a week with the odd league match inbetween. Been injured since November so getting frustrated about not being able to play. Used to play 5-a-side and cricket regularly but an increase in work and a young family put a stop to that.

dickllewellyn
Tool Jury & Moderator

Re: What's your game?

Postby dickllewellyn » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:13 pm

As you rightly said, i do enjoy my kayaking.

I'm also quite into rock climbing, particularly bouldering which is mainly about problem solving rather than climbing high or far. A typical boulder problem will be about 3 meters high, but really tricky! I don't get much chance for climbing around here other than indoor, so more of my time goes into kayaking and canoeing.

When I was younger I used to play a bit of basketball. I was never brilliant, but good enough for the school team, and sometimes got as much as ten minutes off the bench!

I quite enjoy mountainboarding, but an injury at a race weekend means I haven't done it for several years. I packed away the downhill kit and had a go at kite boarding, but couldn't get on with it. I started kite buggying instead, but just found it too difficult to find anywhere to do it without joining associations, traveling long distances, and spending a fortune!

Other than that I like a game of badminton, and discovered squash a few years ago. Finding time and an opponent is tricky, so I don't play very often at all.

Kayaks it is for me really!
Regards Richard (dick) Llewellyn

Thanks for all the fish

Bill Ding
Top Dog

What's your game?

Postby Bill Ding » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:59 pm

I like a bit of climbing as we'll I normally to to wolf mountain in Wolverhampton I've had a bit of a rest period from it but need to get back on it.
I use to play a lot of tournament paintball, twice a week training and once to twice a month tournaments we had one of the largest teams in the uk and we were heavily sponsored and I loved every second, this I really need to get back into.
I do a bit of scuba diving at our local quarry when I get the chance and often film using a go pro while I'm down there, I'm with BSAC and and qualified to sports diver.
Other than that I just attend the gym 3 times a week lol

Carpe Diem

Bill Ding
Top Dog

What's your game?

Postby Bill Ding » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:01 pm

http://youtu.be/IFpwwjpSkdI
Just a quick idea of tournament paintball

Carpe Diem

Bill Ding
Top Dog

What's your game?

Postby Bill Ding » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:03 pm

http://youtu.be/m1uebK5REdw
And this is where you will find me on a Friday night after work in the summer ( if it's warm lol)

Carpe Diem

sir benson
Tool Jury

What's your game?

Postby sir benson » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:51 am

Love mountain biking, walking the dogs or vice a versa, geo cauching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dickllewellyn
Tool Jury & Moderator

Postby dickllewellyn » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:34 am

I fancied having a go at Geo caching. I like walking, and when I was training for Kilimanjaro some three years ago I was doing a lot. Through that I kind of stumbled onto geo caching and thought it would be fun, I never got any further than that though!

Those who don't know what it is, it's a kind of treasure hunt. People post coordinates of capsules on the web, and other people then go out into the woods with their gps units and find them. There's a little bit more to it than that I think, I'm sure Sir Benson can fill in the gaps, but it gives a country walk purpose! I haven't got dogs, so setting aside a few hours a week for a decent walk often gets over looked.
Regards Richard (dick) Llewellyn

Thanks for all the fish

Kenny ken
Tool Jury

Postby Kenny ken » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:02 pm

I go down the range after a bad day to release some tension. So my van racking has its own dedicated golf bag storage ;) Football every Saturday with the lad. Once a year kayaking down the estuary into shell islands bay. Paint balling once or twice a year. And this year I'm taking part in the local pancake race, A bit extreme I know but I like living life on the eggs. Is dog walking a sport? It feels like a sport after I've took my Bruce for a stroll. I also partake in an everyday obstacle course around the house hopping over kids toys and dodging spilt fruit shoots so I don't get wet socks.
If you only do what u can do, you will never be more than you are now.

Rossi7x
Top Dog

Postby Rossi7x » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:40 pm

For me, it's all about 2 Wheels...

Wether it's a Sunday morning 50 mile Cycle on the Road , Shredding the Trails on the Mountain Bike, thrashing my Track bike out on Circuit in the UK or Europe, or even taking the '64 Lambretta out for a gentle Sunday stroll for a coffee....

A mate asked me to Video him on Tack.. I said if your close enough, you'll be on Camera. Obviously not enough of an incentive for him..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOedwFnsN38

My Boy thinking if you 'Ring it's Neck' it will go quicker... Not this time Son...

Rossi7x
DEWALT Official Product Tester..

Shelly_palmer
New Boots

Postby Shelly_palmer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:55 am

For me it is Badminton...

Return to “Sport”